QueensCare Health Centers

1897
The first clinic was founded by the Society of El Hogar Feliz (Happy Home) to care for the abandoned and neglected children of Los Angeles.

1930s
The Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart made space for the small clinic in their new hospital, Queen of Angels.

1980s
The Sisters moved the clinic to its present location adjacent to St. Anne’s Maternity Home in the Echo Park area of Los Angeles.

1994
For financial reasons, the Sisters transferred control of the Franciscan Clinic to Queen of Angels-Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center.

1998
The medical center was sold and its corporate name was changed to QueensCare. The Franciscan Clinic was combined with QueensCare’s other community clinics in the Wilshire District and Hollywood under the name Franciscan Clinics dba QueensCare Family Clinics.

2002
QueensCare turned over control of the Clinics to a newly appointed, independent, self-perpetuating board so that the Clinics could qualify as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).

2008
The Franciscan Clinics name was dropped and the corporate name was changed to QueensCare Family Clinics. Until now, the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization was known as Franciscan Clinics dba QueensCare Family Clinics.

2013
QueensCare Family Clinics corporate name changes to QueensCare Health Centers.

TODAY
QueensCare Health Centers continues to partner with QueensCare to provide healthcare services to the underserved and uninsured people of Los Angeles. The five health centers serve the needs of a growing number of medically uninsured, as well as Medi-Cal, Medicare and other insured patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity or ability to pay.

Translate »